Each project or center may nominate up tostudents or recent alumni to attend the 2023 ATE Conference being held on October 25-27, 2023.
A review committee will evaluate the applications received and select up to 60 students to participate in the event. AACC will notify these individuals by COB on Monday, September 18.
If your nominee is chosen, AACC will provide them with complimentary conference registration and lodging for up to three nights on October 24, October 25, and October 26. Your institution is expected to cover student transportation costs to and from the conference.
Students/alumni selected to attend the ATE Conference are expected to attend the following events.
1. Student Orientation Zoom Meeting: AACC hosted a Zoom meeting designed for student attendees on Wednesday, September 20 from 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. EDT. The meeting provided an orientation to the conference and highlighted why students should attend, what to do to attend, what to expect, and how to maximize time to get the most out of the conference and its many networking opportunities.
2. Student Meet & Greet: AACC is coordinating an informal meet and greet opportunity on Wednesday, October 25 from 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. in the Executive room. Join us for some light refreshment, introductions, and an opportunity to meet your fellow students. Following the session, students can set up their posters in the Blue Pre/Blue Room for the Student Poster Session & Reception.
3. Student Poster Session & Reception – Required: Students and alumni are required to participate in a poster session on Wednesday, October 25 from 7:15 – 8:45 p.m. in the Blue Pre/Blue Room. The poster session will give you an opportunity to highlight your program of study and career path. For the session, students will have access to one half of a 4’ x 8’ display board to display their poster. Posters must fit within a 4’ x 4’ space. Students will be expected to stand by their posters for a 90-minute display period to engage with conference attendees from 7:15 – 8:45 p.m.
Poster Session Guidelines – For detailed information regarding poster session guidelines, please click here.
Poster Session Sign-Up – Students are required to sign up for the poster session when completing the 2023 ATE Student Information form, which will be emailed to them with their student acceptance information.
4. Student Poster Session Schedule – Wednesday October 25
· Poster Set-Up: 4:00 – 5:00 pm – Blue Pre/Blue Room
· Opening Plenary Session & Dinner: 5:00 p.m. – 7:15 p.m. – Regency
· Poster Session: 7:15 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.* – Blue Pre/Blue Room
*Students are asked to stand by their posters from 7:15 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
· Poster Tear Down: 8:45 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Note: Students from the same institution/project may elect to develop a joint poster presentation and display together. However, due to spacing and visibility concerns, AACC will allow no more than two students to jointly present a single poster. Students are encouraged to develop their own individual posters for display.
5. “Flash Mentoring” Session with Business/Industry: AACC will host a special, student-only session on Thursday, October 26 from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m., focused on providing students the opportunity to talk directly with business and industry leaders to learn about career fields and the skills needed to be successful in the workforce. AACC will post more information about this session as it is finalized—but it promises to be an enjoyable, highly-interactive, and informative experience.
6. Student/Alumni Recognition Breakfast on Friday, October 27 – Required: ATE students, alumni, and their PIs are expected to attend a special recognition breakfast on Friday, October 27 from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. in the Empire room. ATE students and alumni will be formally recognized by the National Science Foundation for their achievements in ATE programs.
7. Student Educational Tour: As part of the ATE Conference, AACC offers ATE students and alumni a complimentary tour of the newly remodeled Smithsonian’s Air and Space Museum and the opportunity to see some of the city’s important landmarks such as the White House, Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol Building, and others on Thursday, October 26. The bus departs the Omni Shoreham Hotel at 2:00 p.m. and will return at 5:30 p.m. Please sign up for the tour by filling out the 2023 ATE Student Information Request form, which will be emailed with conference acceptances. There is no charge for students to take the tour. However, we do require that you sign up ahead of time to attend.
Questions: If you have any questions on student events/participation, please contact Courtney Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.